Conference in Chengdu

First flight to China

Early in the morning I woke up and my mother had served me milk because she knew that I would have a long journey to China. Before becoming a lecturer, I never really thought to go to China. Although the daprture time was 9.00 a.m, I thought the leaving home was better early in the morning because we found the traffic jamp everywhere in Jakarta. After I had arrived at the Sukarno Hatta Airport, the first thing I did was to confirm the terminal where the counter of China Southern Airlines was. There were some logos of several airlines company. I went to the security check after I had shown my ticket. Although I looked for the counters with logo of hina Southern Airlines, I did not find them. Afterwards I asked an officer abd he  said that I should wait until 6.00 a.m at the counters that were used by China Airlines.

The flight would land at Guangzhou International Airport at 3.00 p.m. There were industrial buildings that could be seen from inside the plane. I thought that the city was full of smoke and it was not good for the health. After the plane had landed smoothly, I got off and the first thing I did is go to the immigration. It was not any problem with my passport that was checked by the immigtation officer. People who entered China were always checked their passport and the country they were coming from, especially from Africa where Ebola oubreak was found. After I had left the immigration, I walked to the transit counter where I got an information that I should go to another area after I entered a security check into the domestic terminal. I was a man in front of me released his jacket, belt, watch, hand phone, and all the metal things, so did I. After finishing to be checked, I walked behind the people who were going to domestic gate. Because there walked so fast, I was left far behind them with no tired because I was very happy ... and I laughed at myself “aha ... you are so strong walking in the long aisle ... without having lunch because afraid of plane missing”

It was 10 p.m when I arrived at Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport.  The airport is the major airport serving Chengdu, which is the capital city of the Sichuan Province in China. The airport got its name from the county where it is located, Shuangliu County, which is about 16 kilometers or 10 miles southwest of the city center. Following people go out the airport, I asked where I could find a bus station to Minshan Hotel. According to an officer, gone there was no bus to Minshan hotel in the evening after 10 p.m, and he suggested me to go by taxi. There were many taxis queuing in front of the outside gate, so I came to appear one of them and I tried to get in with my bag, but the taxi driver refused me. I tried another one as I did before, but once again the taxi driver refused me. What was wrong with me? An airport officer came to help me and he put my bagg into the baggage. Oh, it  was a fool of my custom to put a big bag in the taxi in Jakarta.

It was my problem when the taxi driver asked me where I wanted to go. I could not speak China and he ccould not speak English. I took my hotel reservation that privoded with Chinese character, afterwards I shew him. He smiled and said OK. After we had arriver at the hotel, I gave him money and the taxi driver gave me the change CNY 10 with the bill. A trip going to Minshan Hotel costed around CNY 80 plus toll fee CNY 10.

Chengdu in the winter evening Chinese fish soup

In the first evening I wanted to have Chinese dinner, I thought it would be very delicious. I entered a little Chinese restaurant in the back of the hotel. Although I  looked forward to a pictorial menu in English, I found menu in Chinese with Chinese character. Before going to China, I learned Chinese through the internet and tried to speak with my Chinese friends, I felt it was difficult to talk and my pronouncation could not be understood by the waiter. I saw a young couple was having dinner, so I signed to the waiter if I wanted the soup they were eating.
When the waiter brought a bowl full fish soup, I was immediately confused, because the bowl was too big. After Having dinner I went back to hotel.

Presenting paper

International Convference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE 2014) was held in Chengdu, China on December 19-21, 2014. It was to bring together computer scientists, industrial engineers, and researchers to discuss and exchange experimental and theoretical results, novel designs, work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting ideas in the areas of advanced computing for problems in science and engineering applications and inter-disciplinary. It was very exciting and the years to come would witness a proliferation in the use of various advanced computing systems. It was increasingly becoming an emerging and promising discipline in shaping future research and development activities in academia and industry, ranging from engineering, science, finance, economics, arts and humanitarian fields, especially when the solution of large and complex problems must cope with tight timing schedules.

The second day of the conference started at 09.00 a.m, so I entered the room. I saw a girl with red suit came and took a seat in front of me. After introducing myself, I talked to her about our papers. We agreed to attend our presentation the day after. Before presenting my paper I checked and made siure my computer and all the material was not any trouble. The presentation spent 20 minutes continueing with some question. All the audiences were very eager to know about the combination of art and programming. They asked me how I could combine art design and programming, and that was the value of ny paper. The other papers rarely hard described about multimedia, most of them explained about networking and programming.

Presenting paper, 20 December 2014

Xiaoying Chang was presenting her paper, 21 December 2014

Having lunch with Chinese friends ,20 December 2014 Having dinner with all participants, 20 December 2014
After the conference, 21 December 2014 CSE was held at Minshan Hotel Chengdu, China, 21 December 2014


Xiaoying, whom I met the day before, attended to join in the room where I presented paper. And so do I when she did. She said that she would go to Panda Reservation the day after and ask me if I could go together. That was just what I needed, indeed I was very happy for guiding me to go there. . After the conference had been finished, Xiaoying asked me to go together with her mother to Panda Reservation. It needed 30 minutes to go from the hotel to the reservation. .